Monday, April 16, 2012

SOPA

The Sopa issue is gone and past (or just sleeping . . . for now), but I just wanted to document my thoughts and learning about the topic. When I first saw a few articles and posts about it, I was introduced to a new world of thought. I hadn't thought about that kind of thing very much.

Although I didn't have the chance to document my thoughts, I had some and here they are:

I feel that control over internet-type things is a very complex issue (stating the obvious, right :P). Some questions to consider when discussing this topic:

  • Who is in control?
  • How is the controller maintaining power?
  • What are the stipulations and regulations (sphere) of their governance?
  • What criteria or evaluations are in place to traffic online material/info?
  • How easy is it to add or remove certain content?
Tackling an actual solution of my own has not been a part of my plan or personal goals. I feel quite educated on the topic and aware of it -- whereas, I hadn't ever even heard or thought about "control" before taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment